Monday, August 16, 2010

Change is in the wind...


Well, Duane and I have decided to spend our 21st Anniversary in Lewiston, Idaho. You might ask, really???? Not to knock Lewiston, but it's not on any top ten places to visit on anyone's romantic trip list. We will be there doing the driver's training portion of our CDL license process. We are going to do OTR/ Long Haul Team Driving for Swift Trucking. This is a radical change for both of us, one that will probably test us on many levels. We have prayed about this decision, and just plain feel good about it. We hope to share this with all of you, on a very honest and open level. I think at this point we're extremely optimistic about our upcoming adventure. We know on some deep level that this is going to be hard work, but I think we are still romantisizing the whole adventure somewhat....
I knew Duane wouldn't have any trouble passing his knowledge portion of the CDL permit process, but was concerned for myself. I learned about S-cams and air brakes, things previousl unknown to me. I now know how to identify various parts of the 5th wheel hitch, and just what they do, wow how did I live this long without knowing any of this?! I had my last day on Saturday at my call center job with Directv...I will miss my team members, they were a wonderful group of people, that I really grew to care about and relied on to mak it thru each day! I am hoping to stay in touch with eveyone thru this blog. We don't want to be forgotten, you know, out of sight, out of mind? Drop us a line, comment on our blog. We will be taking pictures and sharing them with all of you. I am going to ask my oldest daughter, Danielle to help me with a map of our adventures....(nice to have a map maker for daughter!) Today, our new wireless internet device arrived from Sprint. We have been Verizon customers forever, but it seems that Sprint has the best wireless internet for where we will be....I will let you all know how that goes as well. I'm packing for a long trip...more later... As always, keep smiling! Roz and Duane

2 comments:

Unknown said...

well i know that i am excited for you mom and dad! this is going to be one awesome grand new adventure!

thomas w said...

Well, you know that your Mom and I support you in whatever endeavor you undertake. Have fun and keep all of us informed.