Saturday, November 20, 2010

Snowflakes & Laundry

Three nights ago I was in Cheyenne, Wyoming. We got parked early, I had plenty of time to take a shower and get my laundry done. Thought I was being so clever, packed all my laundry in my suitcase on wheels and pulled it inside to the truck stop. Took a leisurely shower. Got dressed in clean clothes, got ready to do my laundry and found out that none of the LOVE Truck stops have laundry facilities. I was disappointed. I was going to go back to the truck. I looked outside and the hour I had been inside it snowed 2 inches! I was relaxed, exhausted after driving 600 miles, so I didn't have the energy to pick it up and carry it back to the truck. So I drug it on it's wheels through the snow, pushing snow with me, looked like someone had plowed all the way to the truck. Needless to say, huge learning curve in this over the road lifestyle. Finally did my laundry today in Ft Worth,TX, but this time put just the laundry I needed in my pillowcase and got it washed at the truck stop. YEAH! Clean clothes, clean pillow case. Only 10 more days of training...156 hours so far, 84 hours left!

No comments: