Tuesday, September 7, 2010

2nd day of training...

We passed our DOT physicals! I wasn't too worried, until I was in the exam room with the Doctor. It became very serious, and all business...Duane was in another room, kind of scary for a minute. But all is well, and thankful Duane and I live a fairly tame life. No regrets there, that's for sure. Learned all about keeping our Log books, and let me tell you it's no picnic. There is so much to remember, and if you forget to do something you can have major fines and even go to jail! So, I take this very seriously, and will do my best, that's for sure. We came back to our room and I started dinner. We have our little camping stove here, and I made a little pasta dish with some Albacore and a green sauce that Duane likes. We don't have to eat like we're camping out, even if we are! Tomorrow I am leaving dinner in a crockpot and hope the chicken casserole will be done when we get back. I know Duane thought I was bringing way too much with us, but now he's enjoying the meals...
I have to learn the pre-trip inspection by heart, and I want you to know it's crazy. Once we have it down it should only take about an hour to get the inspection done each time we change drivers. Once I've actually practiced it on a truck I will remember it better, but I have to know it by heart to recite and explain to an inspector with the DMV for my final CDL test. Lots of prayer needed here people! Cannot do this alone. Thank you to all of you that are cheering us on, we really appreciate it...WE LOVE YOU ALL! Hope to be back tomorrow.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Way to go!!!!!! I am so proud of you guys!!!!! It does sound like A LOT to memorize though! I know you will rock it!