Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Learning how to shift...

Okay, I thought that I knew how to drive a stick shift, and that would help to learn the shifting on the Semi-truck...wrong! It is so different, and it's like learning how to drive all over again. You have to get your rpms up to down shift, and you must double clutch to just to get it in gear. Also, you need to remember not to put the accelerator down to go into a higher gear....AYE,YI, Yi, I feel so ignorant! I will have to say my "hat" is off to all of those hard working truckers out there....so when you buy something, anything, remember a truck driver got it there for you! I am not kidding, this is not for sissies! I feel like a sissie right now, that is for sure. I come back to the motel with my "tail" dragging everyday...I thought that I would get to read a few books in my spare time-Ha, Ha, Ha...what spare time. We have studying and are just to tired to do anything entertaining. Even food has taken a "survival" meaning- eating just so we get through the day. I am keeping a smile on my face, and Duane says he still loves me, so not much more to ask, Right? hugs to all....Roz and Duane

No comments: