Sunday, September 19, 2010

Roz failed her skills test...

I did say that I'd keep this blog "real"...I failed my 90 degree backing test on Friday. So, I have to leave the school for 1 week and return the following week to join the new class that is starting this coming Monday the 20th of Sept. So, I will go home for a week while Duane finishes his CDL this week. Swift is very strict and follows the rules to the letter. That means they turn out very safe drivers. I will look for a truck to practice on this week while I am home. The test I failed is very difficult, but it is one I need to pass for the Idaho State Test. I have practiced so much I inflamed a problem that I already had with my left knee. Oh, well, right? The thing that is crazy is I can do this 90 degree back, but was so rattled by having someone stand there and test me! I will pass next time.

Duane will now be a week ahead of me with his orientation and training with the company. That is fine as things are flexible in that area. I think that will be good for him to get going on the road. The bright side is I get to go home and visit with all my family, play with my grandson, Henry and catch up on all of our mail etc.... The funny thing is having been with Duane 24/7 I am going to feel lonely. Weird, we've already adjusted to this new lifestyle. Life has so many surprises in store for us, doesn't it? Thank goodness for that, or I guess we'd all be drones!

I hope I can go visit Mrs. Stansell's 2nd Grade class out in Marsing! I am drivng home today, and will be back up here on Friday to pick Duane up!

No comments: